|Mario Kart Wii|
|Release date(s)||April 2008|
|Players|| 1-4 (local) 1-12 |
(Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection)
|Rating(s)|| ESRB: Everyone|
|Media||1 Wii Optical Disc|
|Predecessor||Mario Kart DS|
|Successor||Mario Kart 7 (2011)|
|Mario Kart Wii at Nintendo.com|
Like its predecessors, Mario Kart Wii incorporates playable characters from the Mario series, who participate in kart races on various race tracks using specialized items to hinder opponents or gain advantages. The game features multiple single-player and multiplayer game modes, and also features online multiplayer via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Mario Kart Wii takes advantage of the Wii Remote's motion sensing to provide intuitive and conventional steering controls; each copy of the game is bundled with the Wii Wheel accessory to augment this feature. Traditional control schemes are also supported.
Mario Kart Wii received critically positive reviews, with critics praising the online features and the large number of tracks, characters, and karts. It received an aggregate review score of 82.07% on GameRankings and 82% on Metacritic. In 2010, the game was included as one of the titles in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die. With 35.26 million copies sold worldwide as of December 31, 2013, the game is the second best-selling game for Wii and is the best-selling racing video game of all time.
Mario Kart Wii is the 6th installement in the Mario Kart series whcih was released on April 10th 2008 in Japan, April 11th 2008 in Europe, April 24th 2008 in Austrialia, April 27th 2008 in North America and April 20th 2009 in South Korea. Compared to past installements, new courses and items are avilable and it consists of 8 levels of grand prix, with 14 playable characters. There are also many game modes to play on such as Grand Prix, Time Trial and Vs.. This game is also supported by Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection which enables online acess to play against others from around the world in either a 1-12 player Vs. race, or Battle. You can also have a private room set up to play with just those who you have traded friend codes with. Mario Kart Wii also supports ofline play with friends with up to a 4 player split screen. Mario Kart Wii supports the use of the Wii Wheel, the Wii Remote & Nunchuck combo, the Classic Controller and the Gamecube Controller. Mario Kart Wii comes packaged with one Wii Wheel peripheral which can also be bought separately.
The game had a commercially successful launch in every region, and sold over a million copies in both Japan and the United States in less than a month. Overall, it is the second best-selling game for Wii at 34.26 million copies sold, after Wii Sports as of March 31, 2013. Mario Kart Wii is also the best-selling racing game of all time.
|Character name||Size||Available at start?||Needed to unlock|
|Baby Daisy||Small||No||Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Wii Grand Prix Cups|
|Daisy||Medium||No||Win 150cc Special Cup|
|Diddy Kong||Medium||No||Win all 50cc Cups|
|King Boo||Large||No||Win 50cc Star Cup|
|Toadette||Small||No||Play Time Trials on all 32 different courses|
|Funky Kong||Large||No||Unlock 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials|
|Dry Bowser||Large||No||Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 150cc Wii Grand Prix Cups|
|Dry Bones||Small||No||Win 100cc Leaf Cup|
|Baby Luigi||Small||No||Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials|
|Rosalina||Large||No||With a Super Mario Galaxy save, win a series of Grand Prix cups/Without Galaxy save, Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all Mirror Grand Prix Cup|
|Bowser Jr.||Medium||No||Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc Retro Grand Prix Cups|
|Birdo||Medium||No||Play Time Trials on 16 different courses/Get 250 wins online|
|Mii Outfit A (average clothing Mii)||Variable||No||Win 100cc Special Cup|
|Mii Outfit B (Male Mii in Luigi/Mario overalls and Female Mii in Peach's outfit)||Variable||No||Unlock 32 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials|
Some characters come with the game while others you need to unlock by progressing through the game (i.e, completing Grand Prix stages and obtaining trophies, ranks, or in the time trial by beating the stored Ghost Data). Below are weapons, known as items you can use.
|Kart name||Size||Unlockable||How to unlock|
|Standard kart S||Small||No|
|Small||Yes||Unlock 1 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials|
|Cheep Charger||Small||Yes||Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 50cc Retro Grand Prix Cups|
|Blue Falcon||Small||Yes||Win Mirror Lightning Cup|
|Standard kart M||Medium||No|
|Medium||Yes||Win 50cc Leaf Cup|
|Medium||Yes||Win 150cc Leaf Cup|
B Dasher Mk2/
|Medium||Yes||Unlock 24 Expert Staff Ghost data in Time Trials|
|Standard kart L||Large||No|
|Piranha Prowler||Large||Yes||Win 50cc Special Cup|
|Large||Yes||Win 150cc Lightning Cup|
|Large||Yes||Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 150cc Retro Grand Prix Cups|
|Bike name||Size||Unlockable||How to unlock|
|Standard bike S||Small||No|
|Small||Yes||Win 150cc Star Cup|
|Magikruiser||Small||Yes||Time Recorded 8 courses in Time Trials|
|Small||Yes||Win Mirror Leaf Cup|
|Standard bike M||Medium||No|
|Medium||Yes||Win 100cc Lightning Cup|
|Medium||Yes||Attain at least 1 Star Rank for all 100cc Nitro Grand Prix Cups|
|Medium||Yes||Win Mirror Star Cup|
|Standard biket L||Large||No|
|Large||Yes||Win 100cc Star Cup|
|Large||Yes||Unlock 12 Expert Staff Ghost data in Time Trials|
|Large||Yes||Win Mirror Special Cup|
- Mushroom - Gives you a single speed boost.
- Triple Mushroom - Gives you three speed boosts.
- Golden Mushroom - Gives you a limited amount of boosts, decided by the place that the mushroom ends up leaving the user in.
- Mega Mushroom - Makes you much larger than the average racer, giving abilities such as slight invincibility, the ability to crush opponents, and the ability to drive over sand and mud at the same speed as usual.
- Banana - A banana peel that anyone can slip over.
- Triple Banana - Three banana peels that anyone can slip over that hang off the back of the kart.
- Green Shell - An offensive item that can bounce off a limited amount of barriers and hit opponents.
- Triple Green Shells - Three green shells that rotate around the player. (Look above.)
- Red Shell - A heat seeking shell that hits the person one position in front of you, unless they continue to launch themselves into the air enough that the shell goes for the next person, or it hits a wall.
- Triple Red Shells - Three red shells. (Look above.)
- Spiny Shell - An almost impossible to dodge from heat-seeking shell that hits the character in 1st place. It can only be avoided by using a Mushroom when it swirls above the character's head, or going into a DK Cannon or boost panel.
- Star - An item that makes you immune to all items and makes you go faster.
- Thunderbolt - A wave of lightning that shrinks everyone except for caster.
- Cloud - A cloud of lightning that, when you hit someone, they shrink, but, if you aren't quick enough, it backfires. This cloud also allows faster travelling while above the racer's head.
- Bob-Ombs - A bomb that creates an explosion blasting everyone in the vicinity.
- Blooper - A tentacled creature that shoots ink onto the screen of everyone in front of the caster.
- POW Block - A block that creates a shockwave, hitting everyone in front of caster, making them drop their items.
- Fake Item - An item box with a reversed question mark that deals damage when hit.
- Bullet Bill - An item that turns your character into a Bullet Bill for a short time guiding you through curves, speeding you up and hitting players. You may move the bullet bill a bit by turning left or right but only for straight paths.The closer you are to first place the shorter it lasts.
CTGP Revolution is an expansion to and the direct successor of CTGP 2.8 and CTGP 4.4. It is a Custom Track Distribution created byMrBean35000vr and Chadderz. It is released as a Riivolution distribution. The CTGP Revolution pack continues the CTGP 4.4 trend of using custom course slots to load custom tracks, and is the first distribution to use a modified menu system to load tracks. The distribution supports the PAL,NTSC-U and NTSC-J versions of Mario Kart Wii.